Tuesday 17 July 2012

Olympic Torch

This weekend the Olympic Torch passed through Southampton! Tony had plans to go and watch Saints play at home with his Dad, Gemma our sister and her other half Steeeve; the torch even passed through the stadium (see pics below)! William and I spent most of the day lounging around having a duvet day watching his films - or MY PROGRAMMMMMMES as he likes to demand all of the time. Love him. 

It was pretty cool watching Casper the friendly ghost after all of these years though, I must admit!

Even though it was raining, yep still raining here in blighty - what Summer?! William and I headed over to West Quay to go and see the torch run by. I honestly thought that I had left it too late and we were going to miss it but we managed to get to central Southampton from ours within 15 minutes, park and get a reasonable spot... result! I'm glad we got to see it even if it was for a few minutes as when is this going to happen again? 

William was more interested in the policemen and their flashy motorbikes but we both had a great time and I hope that he will remember bits of it when we show him the photographs when he is older. All of the excitement was followed by a toastie and a cupcake at Costa... yum!









No comments:

Post a Comment